Monday, March 25, 2013

Easter Desserts – Fruity Pebble Rice Crispy Treats Recipe

711x360 Fruity Pebbles 03 Easter Desserts Fruity Pebble Rice Crispy Treats Recipe

We’re back from Vegas, after a bumpy ride at the Blackjack tables… but came back on the up side, so all is well. Now, I’ll be hitting the gym like a madman after all of the buffets we gorged at. Uuuuhhhhhhh! Anyway.


The other morning, while getting myself some cereal for breakfast at work, my co-worker and I started reminiscing about all of our favorite childhood cereals: Cinnamon Toast Crunch, Cap’n Crunch Berries, Cocoa Krispies, and who could forget Fruity Pebbles? The thought of Fruity Pebbles brought up my youth when my mom would make us Rice Krispies treats, but with Fruity Pebbles instead.


When it would be our turn to provide the “team treats” after our soccer games, these were often my mom’s go-to sweets. I mean, seriously. You can’t go wrong! My co-worker, however, grew up under a rock and has never experienced the sweet, fruity goodness that is the Fruity Pebbles “Rice Krispies” treat. I told her that I would bring some in for her to try, and I am always true to my word (especially when Fruity Pebbles, or any good food, is involved).


Then it dawned on me: these delicious treats are the PERFECT Easter desserts to make for your family gatherings, or simply just for the kids to have a yummy, fruity treat! Enjoy!


Enjoy!


711x360 Fruity Pebbles 01 Easter Desserts Fruity Pebble Rice Crispy Treats Recipe Fruity Pebbles 02 669x1000 Easter Desserts Fruity Pebble Rice Crispy Treats Recipe






Easter Desserts - Fruity Pebble Rice Crispy Treats Recipe




Prep Time: 10 minutes


Cook Time: 15 minutes


Total Time: 25 minutes






Ingredients



  • 1 11 oz. box of Fruity Pebbles

  • 1 16 oz. package of mini marshmallows

  • 5 tbsp. butter

  • 1-2 cups of white chocolate chips (depending on how much chocolate you want on them)


Directions



  1. Grease a 9x13 inch baking dish.

  2. Melt the butter in a large pan over medium heat.

  3. When melted, add marshmallows and stir until melted, then remove from heat.

  4. Add cereal 2-3 cups at a time and mix well.

  5. Pour mixture into the baking dish and spread evenly.

  6. Set aside and let cool.

  7. Heat 1 cup of chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl at half power for 30 seconds.

  8. Add the 2nd cup of chips (if using) to the bowl, stir, and return to microwave for another 30 seconds.

  9. Repeat as necessary until fully melted, but be careful not to burn the chocolate.

  10. Take a spoon and drizzle melted chocolate over the "crispy treats."

  11. When cooled, cut into rectangles, and enjoy!


Notes



These should for a few days in an air tight container. I let my nephews help me with drizzling the chocolate... they LOVED it! I used Ghirardelli white chocolate chips, and a "healthy" light butter with Omega-3 oils in it... there, I tried to be healthy! :)





http://www.funknfoodies.com/recipes/desserts-and-sweets/easter-desserts-fruity-pebble-rice-crispy-treats-recipe/




No comments:

Post a Comment